Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day Twelve


I may have neglected to post this (I think I did, anyway), but at the beginning of the week, I noticed that I had lost about 3.5 lbs. Well, I didn't particularly notice, but the scale told me so. I did notice that I could button my pants with ease. I felt a little bit less flabby. 


Notice that I'm writing in the past tense. If you read my earlier post, you'll understand how I tooooootttttaaaaallllyyy let myself go last night (side note: I am typing this on my iPhone in the rheumatologist's waiting room and a radio commercial just came on and mentioned "stale Christmas cookies." I salivated. Give me your old, your crumbly, your stale...I have a hunger that is biblical right now. That's it; I'm totally baking vegan cookies when I get home).

Today, I'm wearing a Spanx camisole that I bought on my "temporary fat clothes" shopping trip (it's not sucking in enough). Today, I mistakenly wore horizontal stripes. Today, I am essentially starving myself to make up for the past two days, which is surely neither effective or healthy. But in my remorseful mind, it's totally logical. 


Totals880151202979431
Your Daily Goal1,20015040602,30045
Remaining320-120311,50614
CaloriesCarbsFatProteinSodiumSugar

I use to watch a show on NBC that has since been canceled. Maya Rudolph played an eccentric pop star-turned talk show host and I've had her voice from one of the episodes in my head all day: "we're on a cleanse, y'all!" 

That's it. I'm starting the juicing tonight. Not like Jersey Shore gorilla juicing. It's actually not even juice, I don't think. Well, we'll get there when I get there. Before I get ahead of myself:

Breakfast: Artisanal Porridge


This is an inside joke, but it might as well be true. This vegan oatmeal had matcha in it. Matcha! 


It tasted like oatmeal and, like oatmeal, it exploded in the microwave and turned into a sticky mess that I had to wrap a paper towel around. 


Right now it's a sticky mess in the cup holder of my car. 

As far as my review? Well, like I said, it was oatmeal. How good can oatmeal be? And it was a lot of calories for oatmeal. 

I also had a large black coffee from Dunkin Donuts with 2 Splenda.

Lunch: I left guacamole quinoa and a cup of arugula in the work fridge, but it's been a minute since I made the quinoa, so I was a little worried about whether or not it was still good. I packed my Whole Foods' quinoa salad just in case.

The guacamole quinoa was fine. I must say, I'm proud of how good I'm being about not letting food (namely, produce) go to waste. Quinoa salad tomorrow! (Side note: I just cleaned about 3 cups of quinoa and coffee grounds out of my kitchen sink drain).

Snacks: I don't deserve snacks today. Nor did I have time to eat any. I even denied myself a banana. It wasn't a frozen banana, but I felt a little like Lucille Bluth (when do I not?) anyway.



Dinner: The original plan, when I first starting typing, was to begin my organic raw juice detox cleanse stuff tonight. Then the rheumatologist put me on a medication that I have to take with food so that went out the window. Realistically, I can't commit to two weeks of "cleansing" right now anyway. I'm not going to be home enough this weekend.

So, I decided to make a confetti couscous salad stuffed pepper. I had half of a red bell pepper left in the fridge so I stuffed it with some of the couscous salad (which also contains pepper...how meta). 



Oh yeah, I made my fake garlic naan too (I had one flatbread left) but this time I made it in the toaster and it was way awesomer. 

Well, I have a lot to do this weekend so it's time for me to get ready for the next few days. I might bake vegan cookies later. I might not get on a scale for a week. We'll see. I'll try to update tomorrow, but I'll be going out for sushi with the girls so that might not happen. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment