Monday, January 13, 2014

Day Nine

Before I begin, happy 30th birthday to my bestie, Kayln. I am posting this link in honor of you and LaToya (see number 9, obvs): 19 Signs You're in a Relationship with Hummus

Why do my days fly by once 3:00 hits? Not cool, man. I'm going to keep this quick because I'm still in a lot of pain, which kept me out of the gym today. I'm starting to feel hungry, but I'm going to try to just drink water for the rest of the night and go to bed soon. Here are today's totals:

Totals88715317301,73628
Your Daily Goal1,20015040602,30045
Remaining313-3233056417
CaloriesCarbsFatProteinSodiumSugar


Breakfast was an oatmeal banana bite nuked for 30 seconds, coffee, and almond milk. 

Lunch was Artichoke Heart and Tomato Salad over a bed of arugula

I made this up last night - it serves two and it's super easy. I don't think it would have been substantial enough for a meal without the arugula, though. Just throw all of the following together: 2 large, chopped tomatoes; a little less than a tablespoon of dried parsley (the recipe calls for fresh, but I really just don't like it); 2 tablespoons of fresh, chopped mint (the recipe calls for 3, but this seems like overkill); a tablespoon of capers, and a cup of artichoke hearts. I upped the calories substantially by using the kind that come marinated in oil, but I did drain them. Top this with slivered almonds as a garnish. 

Does anyone care that I'm not really including nutrition facts anymore? I'm not going by the meal plan's information so everything I have is stored on MyFitnessPal. Anyway, I packed this with a side salad of arugula, shredded carrots, and pea shoots. I drizzled some balsamic vinegar on top (not enough to make me cough this time) and dumped the artichoke hearts and tomatoes on top. It was a lot of food and filled me up for most of the day!




Snack: I brought in the last of my homemade hummus and a TJ's Middle Eastern flatbread, cut into triangles. Jen also made an amazing sun-dried tomato hummus, so I had some of that with carrots, too (forgot to log in those carrots. Please add approximately 13 calories to today's total). I still had hummus leftover, so I had 4 whopping water crackers, too.



Dinner: Confetti couscous salad...over a bed of arugula

I'm really trying to use up all of my produce before it goes bad. Plus, the arugula adds food but not many calories. You know what this recipe is missing? Feta cheese. :(

Look at those wine bottles lurking in the background
Time to make white bean hummus, get my stuff together for tomorrow, and continue to listen to this song on repeat until I go to bed: 


P.S. Did I mention that I booked a trip for Nashville today and I leave in exactly 30 days? Something tells me that I won't be able to be vegan in that city (and I won't want to...pass the ribs, please).

Bring on the pig

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE my ninja! I bought it on Saturday at Kohl's on sale (original $140, after sales and a coupon $82 w00t!)
    I used it for the first time tonight- made a shake with 1c skim milk, 1 frozen banana, 4T ovaltine malted powder. it was SO good. all the boys surely will be coming to my yard. :-)
    I'm tracking on myfitnesspal so the next step is trying to exercise more (or you know, at all)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Tell me about it...I still have yet to really commit to the gym and shed the excuses.

    ReplyDelete