Friday, January 31, 2014

Day Twenty-Seven: New Jeans!

I had another terrible night of sleep last night - so terrible that as soon as I woke up, I started looking forward to a 3:15 pm nap. As the day wore on, I managed to get by (I reintroduced coffee into my morning routine) and the need to do laundry began to nag at me. How could I nap and do laundry? Should I attempt to do laundry in the basement of my building, where it's cheap but there are only 2 machines, or should I go to the expensive, aggravating laundromat that doesn't require hauling things down precarious stairs? (I'd have to go there anyway to use their change machine - something that I do more often than I'm proud to admit). 

On my way home, I had an even better idea - since I had 2 items to return in my car and the receipts, I would...GO TO THE MALL! Yeah! Buying new clothes is always so much more satisfying than washing old ones (even though, admittedly, I often go so long between laundry days/dry cleaning pickups that I forget what's in there and I'm sometimes surprised). So on my way I'm all like



I can finally buy actual jeans now that I'm back to my normal-ish size. I happened to be wearing the fat jeans I bought recently and they were all like 


so I got some new jeans (and luckily I never wore the other fat jeans so I can take them back). Yeah,


...new phone on the way, Schoolboy Q tickets purchased, easy work day. I'm going out with Jen in a few, but here's a recap of the day so far (since I will be falling into bed when I get home).

For breakfast I had a banana, coffee, and almond milk.

For lunch I had a Boca chik'n patty with Tofutti cheese and fresh salsa on a TJ's multigrain sandwich thin.

For a snack I had 4 reduced fat Triscuits because my vitamin made me nauseous as hell, as usual. My stomach started growling on my way home from the mall and it was nice to tell myself that no, I could not stop at the McDonald's drive-thru for an early $7 dinner that would leave me wanting something more in an hour (and feeling ill). I had some more salsa and a few blue corn chips when I got home...tried to nap...had a 100 calorie pack of almonds and now...

I guess it's smoothie time and a shower. Then I'm off to Moore's Tavern to creep on our new favorite cover band, The Night Out (second only to The McClures, of course). 

No comments:

Post a Comment