Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Many Pictures of Gross Things I Ate

#1: Shout out to my broseph since middle school, Chris, who just read my blog from start to finish. I miss you, buddy!!

As I began writing this last night, I was in bed, stuffing my face with nacho kale chips I purchased for tonight. I finished eating them in the car on my way to the CVS drive thru (CVS is across the street).

Wanna see what I ate this weekend? (I don't).

We went out to Leggett's in Manasaquan because Steve's friends, Matt and Mary (hi guys!), participated in the Valentine Plunge to raise money for ALS. Leggett's was packed for the after party, so after a Bloody Mary, we ended up at O'Neill's, now known as Manasquan Beach House


The sliders and the wings are not mine. Well, neither is the pizza, but I ate a slice. The mac and cheese was supposed to be buffalo mac and cheese, so after Briele and I ate this one, we made sure to get the correct order.

In the shadows of my iPhone lies BUFFALO MAC AND CHEESE!

The stuffed avocado with mushrooms and herbed bread crumbs was amazing. 



As were the shrimp egg rolls and sinus-clearing wasabi sauce. 

When we got back to Steve's, Briele and I devoured the vegan cupcakes I had brought from Papa Ganache (can I have a job, please?): another caramel pretzel and a Samoa. 




We each got a half. The Samoa was AMAZAZING. (extra AZ)
Thus began the weekend of Briele's 26th birthday. After a food-coma-induced nap, we went to Connolly Station, my most recent version of Cheers, although I haven't been there in ages. While there, we had mucha tequila and this was the best we were able to look all night:


After sleeping until the wonderful hour of 11 AM, it was clear that we needed brunch so we headed to




This is orange juice. It goes well with champagne on a Sunday morning.


These are delicious potatoes. And challah French toast (chaaaallahhhhh!). And an egg white omelette with BACON and Brie.

After downing all of this and lingering at the table for a bit, we went to get (free) pizza at Johnny Mac's. Like every trip to Asbury Park, we ended at Confections of a Rock Star (cupcaaaaaaaakes!), where Briele paid homage to herself.


We probably ate more after that. Ever since, I've been moody and feeling farty and bloated. I had to buy coffee at work on Monday, and I had to put milk in it because there was no other choice, but I've gone back to eating vegan since then (woopty doo; it's Wednesday). 


Anyway, tonight is traditionally taco night, but because the weather forecast looks like this, 

Courtesy of Mrs. Boyarsky

I opted to stay home. I'm supposed to be leaving for Nashville tomorrow night anyway (provided that my flight will get off the ground in Snowpocalypse 2K14 # 8,0000), so I'm glad I have time to do some more stuff around the house, anyway. However, Solo Dolo Taco Night feels a bit like this:


Courtesy of http://www.amazingsuperpowers.com/
I put on the Taco Cloud playlist. I made my guacamole and assembled my ingredients.



I made some Spanish rice and heated up some vegan refried beans. Then I assembled my vegan burrito...


... and texted Steve and Briele, "I miss you guys."

However, without those two bad influences around, I could only muster 1.5 burritos :)



Pros: That Daiya cheese was good.
Cons: Whole Foods regular fresh salsa is better than their chipotle garlic. 

Well, time for my final preparations for Nashville and (but hopefully not) work tomorrow.

Adios!







No comments:

Post a Comment